30 cal 215 gr berger hybrid

Southwest Hunter

Got out to fire two strings of 5 215 gr Berger hybrid
Rem Sendero 300 RUM 92.5 GR Retumbo Fed match 215 primers. 3.890 OAL .003/.004 off the lands.

200yds 1.5

300yds 1.74

30 seconds between shots, two minute between strings. Off the bipod.

Attachments

• IMG_0191.jpg
    IMG_0191.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0190.jpg
    IMG_0190.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 127
Very nice. I have a 300 RUM in a sendero with some work done to it shipping right know. with the 215 hybrid can you still shoot as a repeater or a single shot? What is your COAL?

Don't own a chrono, I was given a ball park guess by one of the members of 3000 to 3050. I will know more once I shoot all my drops and validate.
I'm shooting an OAL of 3.890 standard box is 3.6 so it's a single shot. I don't mind one at a time. A follow up shot is fast if extra rounds are laid out at the shooting position. Game never knows where it comes from so If a follow up shot is required I usually have plenty of time. "It's happened"

UPDATE
Went out to get drops to 1000 yds. Same load of 92.5 gr Retumbo. Drops were very close to 3050 fps. As a matter of fact so close I wont be changing much. After all my drop data I decided to shoot a three shot group at 1000. Wind was hard to dope to start with, was getting 25 " of drift to the right. Once I figured that out it was all trigger. The group was from 1004 yds off the bi pod and mono pod for the rear "I really like a rear pod". Temp was 85, elev 3000 72 clicks from my 8.5 x 25 x40 Leopold. group measured 4.375

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 139
My rum doesn't like the 215 hybrids. I just spend the weekend with 210VLD's and 215Hybrids and retumbo anywhere from 92-95 grains Mine shot the 210's MUCH better but every gun is different. @ 92.5 grains mine chrono'd 3178fps with a 30" barrel.

My rum doesn't like the 215 hybrids. I just spend the weekend with 210VLD's and 215Hybrids and retumbo anywhere from 92-95 grains Mine shot the 210's MUCH better but every gun is different. @ 92.5 grains mine chrono'd 3178fps with a 30" barrel.

Have you tried this method that Eric suggests? If not I highly recommend you do. It has made a believer out of me. When I saw it work to tighten the groups alot , then saw them open back up as I moved on to a deeper seat I was amazed. But repeating the tightest seating depth produced consistant results under 1/2 moa.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/for...accuracy-berger-vld-bullets-your-rifle-40204/

Jeff

Have you tried this method that Eric suggests? If not I highly recommend you do. It has made a believer out of me. When I saw it work to tighten the groups alot , then saw them open back up as I moved on to a deeper seat I was amazed. But repeating the tightest seating depth produced consistant results under 1/2 moa.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/for...accuracy-berger-vld-bullets-your-rifle-40204/

Jeff
It just didn't like the 215's I was getting 1" groups with them at best with all the seating depths and powder charges I tied. The 210VLD's shot great between 92.8-94 grains of retumbo and All under 1/2 MOA with velocity's from 3225-3300. The seating depth shot best at 5-6 tho. jam.

I've heard that one of the advantages to the Hybrid is a shorter bearing surface. Have any that have shot these verses the 210 and seen a increase in velocity?

Ok, cool. So you did try the 215's out to -.100" off the lands or more?

Jeff
I will have to check my note's I didn't bring the 215 notes with me to work just the 210's since they didn't work for me but I started them off a decent bit and worked them clean into the lands. showed some promise but with the 210's performing right out of the shot I think I am sticking with them well at least for now. :rolleyes:

I've heard that one of the advantages to the Hybrid is a shorter bearing surface. Have any that have shot these verses the 210 and seen a increase in velocity?
grain for grain I was getting within 5-9fps of eachother with the 210's being on the faster side.

I will have to check my note's I didn't bring the 215 notes with me to work just the 210's since they didn't work for me but I started them off a decent bit and worked them clean into the lands. showed some promise but with the 210's performing right out of the shot I think I am sticking with them well at least for now. :rolleyes:

OK, just looking for info. I have been shooting the 210's in many 30 cals for years. But I am going to try some 215's as soon as I get the chance. So I was interested in the results.

Thanks
Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.