30 Nosler 215 berger

First, what I said was that most people will get their chamber reamed as SAMMI spec, I never said it was the best or that anyone should only choose that type, it is a fact they will, and as such without the modification to get more free bore they should be cautious.

Second, please tell me what I gave up by conceding it wasn't worth blowing up a gun to chase a number?

You clearly said you went looking for different reamers, proving my point and then attack me telling me I gave up. You are trying to start an internet ****ing match and I dont give two ***** what you did I am just providing my prospective. Anyone who would take advice and not do there own work is foolish but I prefer not to kill people with my guidance. You apparently are much smarter (according to your poll of one) but your advice should come with a warning label.

First, what I said was that most people will get their chamber reamed as SAMMI spec, I never said it was the best or that anyone should only choose that type, it is a fact they will, and as such without the modification to get more free bore they should be cautious.

Second, please tell me what I gave up by conceding it wasn't worth blowing up a gun to chase a number?

You clearly said you went looking for different reamers, proving my point and then attack me telling me I gave up. You are trying to start an internet ****ing match and I dont give two ***** what you did I am just providing my prospective. Anyone who would take advice and not do there own work is foolish but I prefer not to kill people with my guidance. You apparently are much smarter (according to your poll of one) but your advice should come with a warning label.
Hello out there I'm a newbee and can use all the info I can get.Love hearing all the input but keep it civil,thanks you all.....

OP- if you are going to do a 30 nos, load up a couple dummy rounds with the 215 set at the mag length you want to run. Have your smith throat the rifle to suit that length.
As the other poster stated, a big holdback with the nosler cartridges is the fact they held them to 3.4"oal. That puts a vld pretty deep in the case, seated out to 3.6 or 3.8 (depending on what mags length you build with) will gain you some pretty good speeds.

I found seating to 3.55 and 3.6 let's me pick up about 100 fps in 33 nosler...I've been playing with a 300 Norma I had a couple 30-378 accumarks setting in my safe. I sold one and took the other cut 3/4 of inch off the back and re cut it for a 300 Norma with a 24 1/8 in barrel. Have not got much more done than that looking a 225ELD-M and some 210 bergers as that is what I have...this working for a living is getting in the way of my playing

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.