270 wsm 165gr Matrix data

I am confused by that post as well. It burns between rl19 and rl22. Both on the slower end but not as far as H1000.

In my mind I don't see it being too fast.
I have been shooting the 165g Matrix for a while. I shoot the T3 with a 24" barrel. I had decent groups with fps ranging from 2900 to 3050. I got up to 3150fps with magpro with decent groups. I spoke to the owner of the Matrix and he said that people were doing better witht he 1 in 9 at the faster speeds. I just put on a Bartlein barrel 26" with a 1 in 9 twist and now I am about to start again. I am nervous because of my load data now that my chamber is tighter.
Have you had any different outcomes since your last post. I would like to talk to some people trying this same load. If I can get it to shoot, this will be my new long range hunting gun. With a speed above 3100 and a bc of 650, it will be hard to beat. I also am working a load for a 25 WSSM (300 short casing) built by Dave Peterson in Prescott AZ. Has a 26" Krieger barrel. I am shooting a 115 Berger VLD at 3450fps. I am shooting it very well to 900 yds. Killed several deer at 600 plus. Not my favorite bullet, but everything has dropped so far.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.