270 win.....165 matrix

htime8

I was just wondering if anyone had any load data they would share using h4831. I've read a ton of threads and have not come across any final loads people have settled on.

Since there is no published data I was given advice by BnG to use the Nosler 160 Partition. It has more bearing surface so it was a good starting point.

This is at a pressure that I feel comfortable with, some are getting more velocity but I am not going to stress the rifle or the cases more than I need to. THIS IS SAFE IN MINE RIFLE YOU MUST WORK UP IN YOURS.

55.5 H4831sc
Win case
CCI 200
Vel 2675 fps

Thanks for the info guys. I'm also at 55.5 of H4831sc and running at 2650fps. Just not sure how much harder a guy can push these. I might try to go a little higher and see when I run into pressure signs.

Hart 1:8 at 26"

I was actually able to go higher but I do not have a pressure gauge and the cases started doing inconsistent things. I just backed down to where everything stayed the same. I do have an itch to play with H1000 and maybe even the RE26 or 17. Some folks are getting good velocities in their 30-06 with RE17 and 215 Bergers.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm also at 55.5 of H4831sc and running at 2650fps. Just not sure how much harder a guy can push these. I might try to go a little higher and see when I run into pressure signs.

I don't know how much you have worked seating depth, but I was able to gain some by moving closer to the lands. Just have to play with it.

I shoot a .270 Win with a Douglas 1:10 barrel and get .25-.50 MOA at 850 yards. A reloader in Dallas makes rounds for me using 165 gr Matrix with H1000. Velocity is around 2840...pushing the limit. I am getting .290 G7 BC with the 1:10 twist at 900 ft elevetion 80 degrees temp. If I had a 1:9 twist or high elevation I think G7 would be .310.

I don't know how much you have worked seating depth, but I was able to gain some by moving closer to the lands. Just have to play with it.

I'm shooting a stock remington with a 1 to 10 twist. If i remember right im about .02 from the lands. I haven't messed around with it much so maybe ill try to move it around a little bit.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.