243Win, H4350, 95gr Nosler BT OCW Results

Your post doesn't say at what distance you were shooting at, but it looks like you found a node between 41.5 and 42.5. The 42 group being my pick. However, you may try going up or down or both from that in .1 increments and mind and even better one.

If that was at 100 yards, which is what I suspect, I'd move it out at least another 100 yards. 300 yards would be even better, but that can bring wind into play.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. My 100 yard load that grouped like your 42 is working great at 500.

With those same components in WW brass with CCi BR2 primers (& 24" barrel) in my .243, I ended up with most accurate load of 42.7 gr of H4350 going right at 3000 fps, for what it is worth. As always, carefully work up to max.

Things went well with my OCW testing yesterday. Unfortunately, the wind was blowing and my Oehler 35p wasn't getting readings. It was 3:00 PM and I was shooting due north so the sun would have begun setting in the west.....I'm guessing that was there reason I couldn't get velocity reading. Below are my 3 shot groups at 100 yards. The wind was gusting 5-7mph which I'm guessing accounts for my horizontal spread.

I'm still getting used to the accutrigger. This is our first savage and I'm not completely comfortable with the trigger. The shot labeled pull was actually the shot going off when I wasn't ready.

I think I'm going to go with 41.7gr of H4350 at 0.020" off the lands unless you all recommend something different.

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

Looks as if the 41.7 is the ticket. Seems that your next test would be seating depth.
Good Luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.