OCW test results

You are looking for 2 to 3 groups that are centered on nearly the same point of impact. This is a node where minor differences in loaded rounds, or changes in temp will not cause major changes in the group. You can get a complete description and directions here: Home

For us ignorant ones, if you're not looking for the smallest group, what are you trying to get here?

Optimum Charge Weight

You are looking for a group of charge weights with the least vertical dispersion. That means you have found a wide node for your powder charge. Powder charge weight becomes less critical.

The longer the range the easier the test is to read.

Don't worry about the horizontal in this test.

Optimum Charge Weight

You are looking for a group of charge weights with the least vertical dispersion. That means you have found a wide node for your powder charge. Powder charge weight becomes less critical.

The longer the range the easier the test is to read.

Don't worry about the horizontal in this test.

This is incorrect. The farther away you shoot an OCW the more difficult it is too read and you Absolutely are concerned with horizontal. You are confused with ladder testing.

It is not an opinion. This is how the test was designed and it works. If you chose to do it a different way great. Don't be telling others this is how to do an OCW.

So after going to the range and setting up the chronic at 20ft, All three test shots measured at 2760, 2754, 2768. 14fps ES isn't terrible. my question is, Should I try to work up to another node that's in the 2800s?

So after going to the range and setting up the chronic at 20ft, All three test shots measured at 2760, 2754, 2768. 14fps ES isn't terrible. my question is, Should I try to work up to another node that's in the 2800s?

Looks good.so far

Need about 10 shots to really find your ES and SD but you might find that painful

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.