22-204 vs 222 mag vs 223 A.I.

Kinda like the looks of the 222 Haney. Looks like a mini gibbs. In regards to the 75 amaxs, will they seat in a stock remington mag well, seated to the neck shoulder junction or will they need to be seated short ?

So seating a bullet down past the shoulder doesn't effect anything, yeah right that'll be the day me **** turn purple and smell like rainbow sherbet!

I understand you Alf....I have a 243 with a long throat for the 105's....however with that gun I can't seat the bullets long like they should as they wont fit in the hs bottem metal. I was just wondering/asking if it will fit seated long as this will be a repeater. I guess it really doesn't matter I can shoot the 60 grainers also. Not sure what the other gent is implying. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what a throater is for!:rolleyes: by the way a 204s parent case is ? Don't be rude wise ***!

The short neck of the Ackley or the 22-204 is not a detriment in powder capacity or attainable velocity when using suitable powder for either utilizing the heavier bullets.

The 222 Rem Mag in factory form still sucks hind tit to either.........

short necks produce short barrel life. This is a given factor. But a .223AI using the .222mag case with the longer neck will give you everything.
gary

trickymisfit, so you're round would appear something like the 22 Tomcat but with a longer neck yet? What is the shoulder angle, I kinda like the 30 degree one personally?

Last edited:
Perfect example of what I've always been told....

Don't argue with an idiot........

They'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.......

I appreciate all the info from you guys. There's no need for us to fight, let's just give educated info from our real world experiences with these rounds. Thanks. gun)

short necks produce short barrel life. This is a given factor. But a .223AI using the .222mag case with the longer neck will give you everything.
gary

You don't hear anyone complaining about the lack of barrel life of their 223 or a 204.

Pressures play as big, if not bigger, role in life expectancy as neck length.

Everyone seem to be missing the concept of the 22-204.

It gives 223 Ackley performance without the need to fireform brass.

You don't hear anyone complaining about the lack of barrel life of their 223 or a 204.

Pressures play as big, if not bigger, role in life expectancy as neck length.

Everyone seem to be missing the concept of the 22-204.

It gives 223 Ackley performance without the need to fireform brass.

a 22/.204 case has to be fire formed. Short & fat is much better
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.