140 J-4 8, ULD H.P. RBBT Wildcat Bullet

stevet

Can anyone give me information about this bullet that has tried it at the range and possibly on game. As an HP is the base thick enough to do well on deer and elk, and how does it perform at the range as far as accuracy? Also, does anyone know the BC on this particular bullet?? Thanks, Steve

Accuracy wise, VERY good and ballistically, right on par with the Berger version of that bullet.

It would work very well on any deer and any range to be honest as long as you have enough bullet energy to expand the bullet.

On elk, your asking for trouble in my opinion. A shot to the chest would certainly kill any elk on the planet but if you hit heavy shoulder bone your asking for trouble.

Personally, I do not feel the 6.5mm is adiquate for elk hunting simply because there are so many better choices out there to use. WIll it work, yep, but there are much better choices to use to insure you get an ethical clean harvest of that large of an animal.

Just my opinion. THese are good bullets.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.