225g RBBT ULD?

remingtonman_25_06

I was looking at the wildcat bullets website and seen that there is a 225g ULD. Has anyone tried these out of a 300 RUM? I was thinking of trying them in my Rem 700 factory 1 in 10 twist. Hope they would stabilize??

I spoke with Richard about this bullet from my 300WM some time back. He knew it was a 1:10, so id imagine it would be fine in a RUM.

[ QUOTE ]
Hope they would stabilize??

[/ QUOTE ]

If the Sierra 240 will stabalize in a 10 I would imagine Richard's 225s will.

The numbers he shared with me, which are estimations provided by the manufactures of his dies, would rival the 240SMK by just a smigion. I was planning to have some tested, but that didn't work out.

There are some who have offered to test them properly by shooting them over a chrony, and calculating a corrected BC, but untill somebody does it, there is no way to know.
Richard isn't sharing his die makers estimations anymore because of a thread I started, but ill email the estimated BC if you really want it.

Does Richard have jackets to make the 225's yet? Last I heard he didn't have them to make 240's, but maybe he has a shorter jacket that will work for the 225's....

So the 225g ULD is not available right now? I have not talked with Richard. Just sounds like he doesn't have the right jackets right now? Oh well, I'm in no hurry, no money right now anyways. I would like to try them out though. Should fly real well.

I don't know that to be the case--I was asking. All I know is last time I talked with him he didn't have jackets for the 240's, I didn't ask about 225's.

Richard is working with a new jacket maker and when I was up there last week he was working with the first batch of these jackets and was very impressed with the results of that test batch of jackets.

Those were for 250 gr 338 ULD RBBTs but I do know he has ordered jackets for the heavy 30 cal bullets, even much heavier then 250 gr!!!!........

More on that later though!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.