ULD RBBT's

devildoc

Ok I've heard these bullets mentioned alot around here, and I'm wondering a couple things, first I'm assuming that the ULD RBBT stands for "ultra low drag round base boat tail"?

And how does one get a hold these bullets?

P.S. I tried searching, but I'm not very good at it

RBBT: ReBated Boat Tail

Very weight for caliber and very high ballistic coefficient. The big ones such as 169 & 200 grains in .277 and 200gr in .284 are made for extreme cartridges (Allan Mags)

Wildcat Bullets makes 'em.

Search on Wildcat, RBBT or Richard Graves.

The website doesn't list BC's, that's kinda wierd since if you're gonna claim a bullet has "ultra low drag" you would expect them to list a high BC. I was thinking about trying them out in my .338 WinMag, Do these bullets tend to seat at a long COL due to the low drag profile? Anybody have a measured BC on the .338 225's or 250's?

BCs just start arguments.....really.....trust me.

BC on the 338 RBBT was a bit less than the 300 SMK per goodgrouper's two distance measurements.

They are a top notch accurate bullet at least in my 338 Winnie. Havent' tried them in the RUM yet.

The main point Ol'Roy is putting out is that the B.C. of the bullets are going to vary according to various things. This can be any of several combinations of twist rate, FPS, humidity altitude, or barometric pressure in the area in which your shooting, all of which could effect your individual B.C. from your rifle.

The reason they are not listed is this, the builder hasn't got the time or finiances of a major corporation to carry out these type experiments on every bulllet he makes. However if you do a search on this site you will find that most everyone who has shot them in a proper twist for caliber/weight has experienced very good accuracy and terminal performance.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.