ULD RBBT bullets

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by 7mmrowland, Oct 12, 2008.

1. 7mmrowland

7mmrowland Well-Known Member

Who is making these and were do I get them. I read about them in forums usually in cordinance with the Allen magnums seems they have unusually high BC.gun)

2. Savagebien

Savagebien Well-Known Member

3. 7mmrowland

7mmrowland Well-Known Member

Well I looked at the site the current prices are from 2006 so I emailed the for a price update waiting for a email has anybody shot these and where does a guy find BC figures at, the site doesnt list them?:confused:

4. POP

POP Well-Known Member

What are wildcat bullets? Webpage or site?

5. Tang

Tang Well-Known Member

I think they are working on a new website.

6. WildcatB

WildcatB Well-Known Member

We make 'um. Some friends and I bought the business from Richard Graves in Alberta, CA. He developed the heavy-for-caliber high BC bullets that Wildcat Bullets is known for.

We also make standard weight and bonded bullets. In fact we have an entire line-up from .17cal to .585 BUT at this time we are only selling the 7mm 200gr ULD RBBTS.

Right now, it's a one-man show and I'am having a tough time keeping up with demand. Plans are in the works to move to a new building, hire people, and increase production rates dramatically.

Hopefully the rest of Richard’s line up (and some new ones) will be available by the end of the summer. That's the plan anyway.

About the BC’s, it was Richards policy not to publish them. We are sticking to this policy until we have a chance to have them independently tested by Bryan Litz . Until then, search this site to find out what people are using to get their drops to match.

About the website, I haven’t made time to sit down and finish it. But I will get to it.

Hope this answered your questions. If not, feel free to email me: paul@wildcatbullets.com

7. Tang

Tang Well-Known Member

Sounds great to me ! I will be interested in seeing and trying some of the heavy .30 Caliber bullets in my Ultra Mag.

8. Jon A

Jon A Well-Known Member

I'll be trying some 30 Cal 265's in my 300 RUM in a couple months when I get the new barrel on my rifle. That's going to be fun. :)

9. jmden

jmden Well-Known Member

What tube are you installing? Are those 265's some you had before the sale?

10. Tang

Tang Well-Known Member

Will a 1 in 10 support those ?

11. Jon A

Jon A Well-Known Member

A 1:8 twist Benchmark. I discovered they were right in my backyard so I figured I'd give one a try.
    I got them after, but they are old stock made by Richard. Hopefully it won't be too long before Paul can resume their production.
    Unfortunately no. With a 1:10 the 240 SMK is about as big as you can go.

12. Tang

Tang Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info !

13. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

The 130 grain and 142 grain bullets work well in a 257 Wby with a 1-8 twist barrel and the 130 grain will do a really good job on an elk.

14. jmden

jmden Well-Known Member

Yeah, I convinced a buddy of mine to try Ron and he just had a .243 accurized there and had one of Ron's Benchmark tubes installed. Still load testing, but looks good so far. I'm about an hour north of him.

What length are you going with? Brake or no?