ULD RBBT bullets

The bc on the .277 169.5 from the drop charts myself & two friends use @ 5000' between 3000 fps & 3100 fps is .750, before Richard stopped advertising it he said they were .740 but @ a lower elevation. so there darn close to what he had advertised in the past. I had Paul send me a few he has made and it looks like my drop is identical to Richard's run of the bullet
I'm excited for Wildcat to start the production of some of the other caliber's

27". No brake. If you're 1 hour north and I'm 1/2 hour south, that means we're only 1 1/2 hours apart. Cool!

We should get together and do some shooting sometime. I've found a spot up by Glacier on Hwy 542 that I've shot out to just over 1k at for several years that's accessible late May through the snow flying, more or less. Did some more exploring this year and found some shooting out to around 1500 or so--all accessible by vehicle on old logging roads. Been shooting the 300RUM up there for 3-4 years now, I guess, but am anxiously awaiting my 338 AX (BAT HRPIC with 30" Rock Ck. barrel, 4" Wyatt's, jewell, Manners T2, etc., NF 5.5-20x50 NPR1) from Kirby which should be ready late winter or so. I'll be wanting to stretch her out soon.

Good luck with your barrel swap and the 265's...what's your predicted G1 @ 2800fps on that? That'll be very interesting to follow. What powder--US869? H50BMG might work with that heavy a bullet...hmmm...it's supposed to be very temp stable from reputable source.

We should get together and do some shooting sometime.
Definately! Let's do it! It sounds like a hell of a rifle Kirby's putting together for you. I can't wait to see it.

I'll do a proper double-chronograph measurement on the 265's eventually (unless, of course Bryan beats me to it which would save me the trouble), but for now my educated guess expects they'll measure around .410-.420 G7 BC. I'll use US869 which should be good for 2800-2850 fps from the 27" tube with mild "hot weather safe" loads. That'll be a huge step up from anything I've ever used in the 300 RUM.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.