140 grain 6.5 berger elite hunter

Dana1974

Going to start with h4350, shooting a Christensen LR mesa 6.5 creedmoor. Does anyone have experience with the elites as far as starting seating depth? Would appreciate any and all input

If it was me and you have access to a chrono, I would load a one shot ladder from say from 39.5 to 42.9
in .3 gr increments. I would shoot at 200-300 if you can. Look for flat spots in the velocity and a cluster of shots with the same vertical. This way you can find a node and your max pressure in about 12 rounds. Most guys are in the 42-43 range with 140's but ymmv.

My 700Classic 6.5x55 Swede wants the 140 VLD hunter at .005 off the lands. I followed Berger's recommended ladder for hunting VLD seating found on pages 100 & 101 of Berger 1st Edition reloading.

If it was me and you have access to a chrono, I would load a one shot ladder from say from 39.5 to 42.9
in .3 gr increments. I would shoot at 200-300 if you can. Look for flat spots in the velocity and a cluster of shots with the same vertical. This way you can find a node and your max pressure in about 12 rounds. Most guys are in the 42-43 range with 140's but ymmv.
What velocities are you getting on these loads? I'm having trouble breaking 2800 without sticky chamber.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.