• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Youth 12 gauge semi-auto

Justice1327

Looking for a 12 ga, semi-auto, youth/compact model.
Ideally it would have an aluminum receiver, 20-24" barrel, 12-13" LOP.
I have searched many sites but can't seem to find one w/in the above parameters.
Remington V3 compact is what I really want.

Any help is appreciate. Under 1K$.

Winchester Model 50 Featherweight had an alloy receiver but, you"d have to shorten the barrel and stock to Ur specs. Savage also made a copy of Browning's A-5, with an alloy receiver. Franchi 48 is another nice rig. A guy can sometimes find a lightlyused classic at Scheels or Cabela's used rack, already short stock pretty cheap.

Winchester Model 50 Featherweight had an alloy receiver but, you"d have to shorten the barrel and stock to Ur specs. Savage also made a copy of Browning's A-5, with an alloy receiver. Franchi 48 is another nice rig. A guy can sometimes find a lightlyused classic at Scheels or Cabela's used rack, already short stock pretty cheap.
Been shopping at Cabela's for about three months. No used 12 gauge semi auto's to be found. Not interested in cutting down the barrel and the stock. That's why I want a youth or compact version.

Been shopping at Cabela's for about three months. No used 12 gauge semi auto's to be found. Not interested in cutting down the barrel and the stock. That's why I want a youth or compact version.
Sorry bout that, thought quite a few Dad's made their kid's first setup to fit the Kid. Not interested gunsmith work, then good luck looking.

Sorry bout that, thought quite a few Dad's made their kid's first setup to fit the Kid. Not interested gunsmith work, then good luck looking.
Understood, this is for my wife and I already have several of her gun projects to finish. Just got in the Zeiss V4 for her 6 BRA. I just wanted something that was quick and was good enough for turkey/dove hunting. She loves her 870, but not so good on follow up shots while dove hunting

Understood, this is for my wife and I already have several of her gun projects to finish. Just got in the Zeiss V4 for her 6 BRA. I just wanted something that was quick and was good enough for turkey/dove hunting. She loves her 870, but not so good on follow up shots while dove hunting
Yep, off hand can't recall a factory spec 12 gauge, 12" LOP, alloy receiver, 20" barrel, automatic but, maybe some outfit made that combo.Hope ya find one.

Looking for a 12 ga, semi-auto, youth/compact model.
Ideally it would have an aluminum receiver, 20-24" barrel, 12-13" LOP.
I have searched many sites but can't seem to find one w/in the above parameters.
Remington V3 compact is what I really want.

Any help is appreciate. Under 1K$.
Just realized you were looking for a 12ga. The affinity I bought was a 20ga. In a youth model, the 12ga is going to be a lot to handle. The youth guns are really light which helps for swinging and carrying in general but that lightweight comes back to bite with recoil!

I've got a Winchester SX4 youth 20 gauge. It's lightweight and 26" barrel I believe. Bought it a few years back for around $800. They also have a 12 gauge youth version also.
I also has two Browning Maxus 12 gauges I'd like to shorten the stock but the action parts extend almost to the recoil pad.

Yep I'm aware of the increase in recoil which is why I wanted the V3. My versa max shooting 3 1/2 inch gauge feels like a normal shotgun to me when my wife shoots it she says it doesn't kick as bad as her 20 gauge 3 inch slugs.

Yep, off hand can't recall a factory spec 12 gauge, 12" LOP, alloy receiver, 20" barrel, automatic but, maybe some outfit made that combo.Hope ya find one.
Remington used to in the V3 compact…checked all the boxes too.

Not sure on the alloy receiver but if you can find a Berreta 3901RL might fit the bill also. Was made as a target gun for youth and women. Daughter grew up with one of these and hunted everything with it.