XCR Tactical or Sendero in 300win.

Knockturnal

im in the middle of a debate with myself about the 2 said rifles in the title. basically the same price but what does everyone else out there think? i know lots of guys shoot the Sendero but i havent heard much about the XCR tactical long range. any help would be appreiciated.

knockturnal,
I have owned several Sendero's, the first generation and the SF varieties. I currently own a 700P and wish I could get one of the XCR Tactical LR rigs.
Both rifles are priced about the same. They're both stainless action/barrels. The Sendero is "polished" (never understood that one) and the XCR has the black TriNyte coating (much "cooler").
The Sendero stock is the tried and true HS Precision with full aluminum bedding block. The XCR has the Bell & Carlson OD green stock with the aluminum bedding block and the "thumbhook" for shooting off the bench. ('nother "cool" option).
I would think the XCR has the better of the two triggers. Remington's website say the XCR has the 40X trigger.
If I had room and could afford one I'd have it this week! I think it's grossly overlooked by the LR community. JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.