• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTT/WTS 340 Weatherby Mag

83blazer

I picked this up from an old lady who had lost her husband. Brand new when I got it and I have only shot less than 75 rounds down the tube. When the husband died she did not want any guns in the house so she put them in the shed. The Weatherby when I picked it up had light surface rust. I had the barrel and action sandblasted and duracoated stainless steel. It looks really good.
The 340 is:
- duracoated stainless steel
- glass bedded
- free floated barrel
- muzzle break added out of stainless steel (it really tames it a lot)
- Wood stock with a small scratch by the trigger and bolt.

comes with dies, brass, bullets.

LMK what you have to trade. Looking more for a trade +/- cash on my end if need be.

Thank you

Link to pictures:
WTT/WTS 340 Weatherby Magnum (pics added) - 24hourcampfire

83blazer's pics

20120427_075713.jpg

20120427_075513.jpg

20120427_075431.jpg

20120427_075413.jpg

20120427_075356.jpg

I'm sorry too. Sold it because I lost my job and needed money or else we would still be shooting paper at 1000yrds.

I'm real sorry that happened to you. It is tough to raise a family.
You should be proud of your self for choosing family over toys. I know if I was your dad I'd be proud of you. God bless you and good luck as you grow old.

Now
How did it do at long range shooting. Do you know what kind of energy it retained. How is it compared to the Lapua mag?

It shot very well. I was on paper all day long, not all over the place. Still needed to dial it in but I was surprised how well it did.

a 338 Lapua not sure I shot next to them but they were pros at it as I was just starting off.

I liked it a lot. I would buy it back if I could get a hold of the owner.

Thanks for the kind comments.