• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTT in Texas: Remington 700 .300WSM Barreled Receiver for .308 Receiver (.470")

Farmerbeau

I've offered this to a few people but now I'm opening it up to everyone. I'm looking to move to a .308 rifle now that I have my extreme long range weapon up and driving tacks. I was looking to build one using my .300wsm action but I would also need to find a bolt with the smaller face diameter. I figured I could just find someone in Texas with a short action/.308 (.470") bolt face and swap what I have for what they have. I already have the Shilen Select Match barrel so if you have the receiver without the barrel, it'll be a plus for me though not a requirement.

I'm only looking to get rid of the barrel, bolt and receiver as a unit. I intend to keep my trigger group and my stock. The barrel, bolt and receiver are all factory remington that started life as Remington SPS Varmint. Remington only made these in .300wsm in 2007 (if I remember correctly).

I bought it with the intent of using it as a long range hunting weapon. It sat for a while after I bought it because I was in college and had no money for gunsmith work or nice glass. I graduated, got a real job, had the work done, saw something bigger and badder and this project took the back seat. Now that I have "bigger and badder," it's getting expensive to shoot so I'm looking for a cheaper route to shoot. My .338 Lapua Magnum costs $2.55 per unfired brass case and $0.75 per bullet plus primer and powder. You can't just go to the 100yd range and bust off 20 like you can with a .308.

I have a bit of gunsmithing into it:
Badger Ordinance Bolt Knob
Cerekote applied to barrel bolt and receiver.
Barrel has been threaded
muzzle break of the same barrel diameter (Effective .243ish recoil and surprisingly not all that loud)

The action has not been trued and all of the above work was done by my gunsmith in College Station- Burdett & Son.

The rifle has about 300 rounds through it. I have most of the brass for it as well as a fair amount of factory loaded ammo. If you're interested in that as well, I'll get exact figures.

I never reloaded for this rifle but I'll tell you that factory federal (not fusion) 180 gr barnes and accubond loads shoot well (.7-1" @ 100yds) and factory loaded Black Hills Gold 175gr Sierra Match Kings shoot .5-.8" at 100yds. I'm sure a skilled hand loader could easily squeeze more consistent accuracy out of it but with my other projects and work schedule, I never tried.

I'd like to keep this in Texas as we can simply hand each other the rifles, exchange a receipt and go on our merry way. I'd also like to get this done before our lawmakers enact some foolish firearms legislation so I may entertain other offers. I'm looking for a heads up trade, trade plus cash, trade plus some other item (RCBS Rockchucker, other reloading eq) we agree to, etc. I hang out in the Houston and College Station areas so the closer, the better.

DSC01978.jpg

DSC01986.jpg

DSC01996.jpg

DSC01989.jpg

Possibly interested in a heads up trade...I have a Rem 700P LTR in 308..

Pm you with my number

Elliot