• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTT for G7BR2 and Viper HS LR 4-16x50 FFP XLR(MOA)

true1911

I'm looking for a Gunworks G7BR2 rangefinder and a Viper HS LR 4-16x50 FFP XLR(MOA).

Below are optics I'm going to trade or sell.

Vortex Viper HD 15-45x65 Angled Spotting Scope - Been used 2-3 times. Looks new.
Nightforce SHV 4-14x56 MOAR Illum - NIB
Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 Rapid Z 800 - NIB
Horus Vision 2000 Raptor with Horus H25 Reticle - Used, in good shape
Sightron SIII 8-32x56 Mil Dot - Used, in good shape

If i was you I would not get rid of the Sightron for a Vortex. That is the scope I would keep and sell al the other stuff to get the G7.

I have a G7 and by far one of the best investments I have ever bought. You do not need a ballistics calculator with the G7 just range dial and shoot. I have tried to get the rangefinder to give me a wrong calculation when I am out shooting 1000 yards against my ballistics program (applied Ballistics) and it won't. I hope you get your G7 soon.

I have a Viper PST Viper HS and a Viper all gave me problems yes they repaired them and I thought they would never go bad but when the PST messed up again I repaired it and sold all my vortex lineup and went with sightron and IOR and have never had any problems. I love the Sightrons how much would you be willing to sell the Sightron for?

I'd take $680 cash for the Sightron. I'd want more if it was in trade.

I really appreciate your comments. I'm also a huge Sightron fan and don't think there's better glass for the money. However, the Vortex has so many features that I want. I'm looking for a scope that works well with the G7BR2 which means that it really should be an MOA scope. I'm putting it on a 26" barreled 7wsm that I'm trying to cut weight on. I'll be packing it on a horse but we're in really steep rough country and I still walk and carry the rifle some.

Here's the important features to me.
  • Lightweight. 26 ounces would be approaching too heavy.
  • Power range needs to be low enough for close fast shots and high enough to stretch out to 1100 comfortably so 4.5x max on the low end and 14x min on the high end. (3-18 would be perfect)
  • 50mm objective because it has to fit in a scabbard.
  • Covered windage turret so that I don't have to worry about it being twisted or turned while riding in the scabbard.
  • I really like the idea of a FFP reticle that is in MOA for making corrections on the fly on any power.
  • Reticle needs to allow for wind holds. Once again FFP would be best.
  • Zero Stops would be nice because it will be riding in a saddle scabbard. A locking exposed turret would be best but where would I get one?
  • Must track.
  • Price is also an issue but if a scope existed with all of those features I'd be happy to pay up to $2k for it.

I'm honestly not that excited about the Vortex but am willing to try one because its the only scope I've found with most of those features in the same scope. If it falls apart then I guess I don't know what to do. I'm open to suggestions for other optics. Most of the scopes with any of those features start at 30 ounces.

We have shot the sightron out to 1100 yards with what my g7br2 told me and we hit first shot with many others. I did the tall target test at exactly 300 feet (long tape measure lol) and the sightron was spot on actually beat the IOR by .237 inches. I will let you know about the scope I was going to get another 6-24 but now that I see this I may take you up on it if you don't decide to keep it.

brguide,

I have a question for you if you don't mind. I have a savage lrp 6.5cm, I put it in a choate tactical, and couldn't be more happy with it. A shooter for sure. I see you have a stock lrh in 6.5 cm. I'm considering getting a lrh, prolly in a bigger caliber. J. I hear alot of good things about the model. I would like one and not do a thing to it. Just curious how it has shot for you, any input would be appreciated.

true11,

Obviously, you know plenty about sightron. Just was going to add, I have a few competition friends, one that set a national record a few years ago (friend of friend). They are all sightron nuts. They love em.

I had a model 10 and a model 11 lrh and the lrh would produce better groups than the 10. It might have been the barrel length difference but don't know. The 11 is a very accurate and light gun. You will not be disappointed