• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS savage model 12 PTA 243 win

nddodd

I'm selling one of my savage model 12 Precision Target Action with a criterion barrel chambered in 243 win. it's 28" long with 1-8" twist. The action was trued by Jim See and put together by myself. This is the 5th one I've done and I'm wanting to do another. This time I'm looking to do a repeater. This the reason for selling this one. I put it together about 3 months ago and have put a documented 90 rounds down the barrel. All I've shot with it is 115 dtacs out to 300 yds it shoots 1/2 moa easily I didn't do any load work up on it. I've had two other guns identical to this and they both loved RL-17 and cci br2 primers. I'm sure I could've played with seating depth or other primers and powder but it shot the load I tried good and know I'm bored and want to do something else. Anyone that knows me on here knows that I do this very frequently. Put a gun together shoot it a little sell it and repeat.

The stock is a HS lrpv 3 screw single shot, the barrel as stated above is a CBI criterion stainless match chambered in 243 win 1-8" twist verified with rod and patch. PTA action trued by Jim See, got the recoil lug and barrel from Jim Briggs at NSS.

The scope is 3 months old as well it's a vortex PST 6-24x50 ebr-1 moa. Rings are leupold PRW, with steel warne bases.

I'm asking $1750 for everything above that includes shipping and insurance to your ffl in hard plastic case inside cardboard box with packing.
Sorry about pics, if anyone would like better ones I can retake and post others, the last pic is the last group I shot today at 300 yds.

123.jpg

125.jpg

126.jpg

127.jpg

122.jpg

Forgot to add the weight of the gun. It's pretty heavy I added 2 lbs of lead to the butt just to balance out that big barrel it weighs 16 lbs as seen in pics. My 8 year old daughter shot about 40 of the 90 rounds.

Nathan

Had some interest in gun without scope and rings, I'd take $1000 for gun shipped and insured.

Thanks,
Nathan