• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS McMillan Game Warden stock With Edge Fill

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys can spin it whatever way makes you feel warm and fuzzy. But when you hang it on your shoulder and head up the mountain, you will be lucky if it doesn't weigh more than 8 pounds.

i'm not being rude or disrespectful at all... but i've had rifles built like this in my hands.... in fact with a march 2.5-25 scope and talley rings that weighed less than 8lbs scoped... call up dallas at Lane Precision rifles and he'll build u one. I have a 7 ultra built with a lone peak titanium action and a 28 inch proof barrel with this same stock.. with a heavy nightforce on it and it weights 9.4lbs... and its a long action and has nightforce rings... drop the scope to a march with talleys and it'd weigh 8 pound... make it an adl instead of a bdl and hack off 6 inches of barrel and a short action instead of a long and u got a sub 7lb rifle scoped

And BAMM

There it is. We might know what we are talking about.

I just have not researched.

I have built, shot, and hunted these type of rifles. Weighed every one of them using a Digital fish scale.

Brian

Brian you still have time for fishing after building all those nice rifles. Just kidding.
I believe you on the weight. Ran into a guy last Saturday at the range with a new 300wm
Proof sender lite @26"
Remington LA with bdl floor plate
Jewel
McMillan game scout edge fill
Leupold vx6 3-18 in Talley rings and mounts.
Said the whole thing was right at 8lbs or under and I believed it when it jumped off the bipod. NO Muzzle break. Haha

Prioritize and focus on your physical fitness and strength training and shed pounds off your bodies, and you can worry less about ounces you can shed off of your rifles. I fly-in hunt in Brian's neck of the woods and see alot of "backcountry" hunters. All think they're "Cameron Haynes" with their brand new top-dollar ultralight weight grear and their bodies can't climb or pack any weight.

Great stock and Brian's a great guy to deal with.

Great input clownbuster.
Thanks for nice words on me.

Still for sale

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.