• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS: Custom Weatherby 300 WBY Mag

jgraham01

A custom built Weatherby Vanguard 2 in 300 Weatherby Magnum with the original stock and bottom metal. This rifle was modified with a Boyds Laminated Nutmeg stock with stippled grip areas, two stock crossbolts, Pachmayr Decelerator 1" black pad, Edwards Recoil Suppressor, and pillar and glass bedding. The Boyds stock was sent to CDI Precision Gunworks to have the stock modified to accept their detachable magazine bottom metal and three modified magazines were purchased to accept the 300 Weatherby round. A muzzle break was also purchased. Once the modified stock was returned, the barreled action and all metal were sent to Accurate Plating and Weaponry for further work. This included threading the muzzle, installation of the break and fabricating a custom thread protector. All metal was then matte chrome finished. Weaver blued steel bases were then installed. Now the rifle can be fired from the bench using the Boyds Laminated stock and muzzle break and recoil is about like a 7-08. The factory stock, bottom metal and thread protector can be used while hunting, to reduce weight. CDI Precision Gunworks advised that they can also modify the factory stock to accept the detachable magazine bottom metal for a small fee, if so desired. I have the original box and all paperwork that came with it. I have fired approximately 150 rounds from the bench since its return, with factory 180 grain ammo, and I get consistent 1" or less groups at 100 yards. I have not developed any handloads for it. I invested over $1800 to build it. I have around 100+ once fired brass with the rifle. $1300

Free shipping and your FFL must be willing to accept from a private person. Email with any questions and more pictures. Thanks for looking.

Jerry

Recent Posts