• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS: Custom Savage 99 358 Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgraham01

I have for sale a custom built Savage 99 built around 1959 in .358 Winchester, per the serial number. When I purchased the rifle, the receiver was missing a lot of blue and the lever had no case color left. However, the bore was excellent. The buttstock was not original and the handguard, although original, was in very poor shape. Obviously it was carried a lot and shot little. I replaced the wood with new black and silver laminated wood and ebony stained it. The buttstock now carries a Limbsaver recoil pad. The rifle was sent to Accurate Plating & Weaponry to ensure it was functional. They then bobbed the barrel back to 20 inches, installed a banded front sight with hood and Williams Fireside sight, red, installed a decorative rear sight blank in the dovetail, which was already missing the rear sight, installed a Lyman Model 30½ receiver/tang sight and then did a very nice matte chrome finish on the receiver, barrel, sling studs and lever. All other metal was matte blued, except for the spool, which is brass. Comes with new blued Weaver mounts and quick detachable 1 inch rings. I spent well over $1400 for the rifle, new replacement parts and all the work. This rifle is now the perfect brush rifle and I have never shot it since getting it back.

Price is $1100 and I pay the shipping. Your FFL must be willing to accept from a private person. No trades and price is firm. Email with any questions. Thanks for looking.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.