• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS: Custom Remington Model 7

jgraham01

Up for sale is a custom built stainless steel Remington Model 7 in 308. It was originally built by Wild West Guns in Anchorage, Alaska into the Summit rifle. Jim West began building these years ago and then started making the SummitLite rifle and discontinued producing the Summit rifle. I sent the rifle to him to convert it from a Summit to a SummitLite, but the rifle remained marked Summit Rifles. The following work has been done to the rifle during both builds. The original Remington barrel was kept but modified by fluting, porting, match crowned and was cryogenically processed. The porting is a non-detachable style and is part of the barrel. The action and bolt were squared, trued and lapped and the bolt and action machined to make it ultra-lightweight. The bolt has two ejectors installed for very robust and positive ejection and a Sako style extractor installed. A Timney trigger was installed as was a new High Tech ultralight synthetic/Kevlar custom worked on to form a Schnabel forend with nickeled sling studs installed. A black 1" Pachmayr Decelerator pad and a custom paint job was added. The color is like the rocks in the Brooks Range of Alaska. I refrained from getting my initials engraved on the floorplate. A DNZ low profile matte finished scope mount was added with a VX-2 Ultralight 2-7x28mm with the FireDot LR Duplex (Non-Illuminated) reticle. I also added Butler Creek flip-up scope covers and have the original scope box, scope cover and paperwork. The rifle weights a scant 5.75 pounds. This was my sheep rifle for the Brooks Range, but I will probably not be hunting there anymore as I recently moved from Alaska. I would estimate it has been fired less than 300 times in over the 10 years I have owned it. I did have to touch up very small spots on the stock,e where the paint wore due to handling, but it is not that noticeable. The rifle loves 165 grain bullets. Cost to build now starts at over $4000 and with my additions, would cost over $5000. Price is $3200 and includes free shipping. Your FFL must be willing to accept from a private person. No trades please. Email with any questions and more pictures. Thanks for looking.

Jerry

[

Actually it is and I just am waiting for it to come back from Accurate Plating and Weaponry. I expect it back by the end of the month. Had it matte chromed as I thought I would keep it as no one made any offers. Contact me at 907.209.2261 for more details.

Jerry