• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS: Bowen Redhawk Kodiak Conversion 45LC

jgraham01

I have for sale a very special Ruger Model KRH-45-4, in 45 LC, that has been extensively modified by Bowen Custom Arms that hurts to sell. I purchased the firearm new and sent it to Bowen to have it made into the "Kodiak" conversion. It came with a 4.2 inch barrel but Bowen discovered that the new front sight Ruger is using will not allow the use of the DX front sight base conversion. He contacted me and advised that he could still do the conversion, but would reduce the actual cost by not removing the barrel, not using the DX front sight and not marking the barrel "Bowen Custom Arms" as he usually does. (You have to remove the barrel to mark the barrel with his company name) However, the rest of the Kodiak was completed and I just received the handgun back a month or so ago and I have never shot it. Bowen did the following work:

Trigger/action tune
Extra-length firing pin installation
Barrel cut to 4 inches and a Weigand DX front sight base and sight blade
Rough Country rear sight installed with white-outline, square-notch rear blade
Round-butt grip-frame and reshaped factory grips
Black powder cylinder chamfer
Extra tall white-line front blade sight for 300+ bullets
Lanyard ring

Firearm: $798.25
Transfer Cost: $50
Shipping to Bowen: $89.00
Bowen's Work: $765.90
Custom Nylon Lanyard: $35.00
Total Invested: $1738.15

To order and wait for this now would take 1 to 2 years. Here is your chance to get it in a week or so. Comes with box, all Ruger paperwork, all Bowen paperwork, custom made nylon lanyard and Ruger lock.

Price is $1600.00 and I pay shipping. Your FFL must be willing to accept from a private person. No trades and price is firm. Email with any questions. Thanks for looking.

Jerry

Made a mistake on the info, the following was NOT done:

Barrel cut to 4 inches and a Weigand DX front sight base and sight blade
Round-butt grip-frame and reshaped factory grips