• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS:Accurized&Rebarreled Win M70 Laredo .300Win Mag**SOLD**

GeorgeInNePa

*****Update 3/15/03; This rifle was sold locally. I sold it to a good friend. This will give me the chance to buy it back when this ham-handed goof wants money to buy something foolish.******

I want to build a dedicated 1000yard bench rifle so I am selling my Long Range Hunting Rifle. This rifle includes NO OPTICS OR RINGS.

This is a Winchester M70 Pre'64 style. It started life as a Laredo. It has a HS Precision fiberglass stock with alum. bedding block. I had Mark Bansner (Ultimate Rifles) true the action and screw on a Lilja 1:10 twist 27" #7 contour SS barrel. He put a minimum SAAMI spec chamber in it and added one of his brakes. He also bedded the action and chamber area of the barrel to the stock. I had him open the action (machine the rear bridge) to .375H&H, .300Wea length and put in a longer mag box.

The barrel was set up to use 210gr Bergers and 220gr Match Kings. You can load the bullets to kiss the rifling and still use the mag. The edge of the bullet bearing surface (just in front of the boat-tail) will be even with the bottom of the neck. No wasted powder space!

The trigger breaks at 1.5lbs. I had the Baer/Nightforce (adds 20MOA to your scope) tapered bases modified to fit the rear action ring(weld up the screw hole in the base and re-drilled). Bipod included.

This gun will shoot sub 1.5" groups at 300yards all day. Sub 2" groups at 400yards.

There are less than 350rds down the barrel. The barrel was broken in (shoot 1, clean) properly.

This gun cost $675.00 when new, plus $275.00 for the barrel, plus $750.00 for Bansner, and another 100 or so for trigger job and welding and machining the rear base to fit. Plus $75 for the bases. Plus $50.00 for the bipod.

This rifle includes NO OPTICS OR RINGS.

Price is $950.0---NOW $900.00 PLUS shipping and insurance. I will include a plastic hard case for shipping. I use USPS Priority Mail. Expect shipping to be approx. $40.00. Sorry, not interested in any trades right now.

Any questions, email me.

[email protected]

fc96226e.jpg

fc954879.jpg

fc95487e.jpg

By the way, if anyone wants to buy this rifle complete with rings and optics, I'll sell it for $2150.00, S&I is on me. That's a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X56 and Badger Ord. standard rings. Rings were reamed for stress free mounting.

Add it up, $900.00(yes $50 cheaper) for the rifle $1150.00 for the scope (sells for 1275) and $100.00 for the rings (sells for $160).

NO, I will not sell the scope and rings seperate from the gun.

[ 02-28-2003: Message edited by: GeorgeInNePa ]

[ 03-03-2003: Message edited by: GeorgeInNePa ]

[ 03-03-2003: Message edited by: GeorgeInNePa ]

[ 03-15-2003: Message edited by: GeorgeInNePa ]

Ok, I'd like to move this gun. Price reduced to $900.00! I'll include 50 pieces of new Winchester brass and 1 box of 100 210gr. Berger VLD's.

That's less than you buying the rifle and a new barrel, let alone the machining and other work and parts. If .300Win isn't you favorite, you can have your gunsmith re-chamber to .300Wea or .300RUM.

Doesn't anyone want an accurate, easy to clean gun?

Do you want a scope with this, but don't want/need the NXS? I can set up a package with a lightly used matte Leupold 4.5-14X40AO Vari-X III (1 inch tube). Using these bases and Weaver rings. $1300.00/Shipped, you pay the insurance if you want it.

Do you have a BAT, Borden, Nesikia Bay, Stolle, or Hall action you bought for your own project but don't have the time, money or need to finish? Email me, let's talk trade.