• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Wtb winchester m 70 long action lam. Stock

Buck300

Im looking to buy a Laminated wood stock for a Winchester M 70 long action. Let me know what you have!

Boyds has finished classic styles in brown and grey laminates for $99 - I have just received one for a M70LA but I need to open the barrel channel for the Shilen #3 contour barrel I have so I can not attest to actual fit. I have three other rifles of my own and have done 15-20 for others with these stocks and never had issues with them when used for M70's or Rem M700's and will skim-bed to firm up the fit. All have shot well unmodified with standard calibers. For larger 280 and above, I pillow-bed just to be safe but I know folks who just bed and have had no issues - pressure-impregnated, laminated wood is pretty **** tuff and is just as strong as most composites in use today.

My only complaint is that Boyds (like Bell & Carson) do not offer classic stocks without cheekpiece but that's another issue. :)

Thanks for your reply, I see you can also get an upgrade for the recoil pad at a fair price.