• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB Winchester 70 LA used bell Carlson, hs precision, McMillan

SofaKing

I'm looking for a used quality stock for my Winchester 70 rifle in 300 win mag. Decided to ditch the factory composite. It has the two piece floor plate. I'd like a stock with a aluminum bedding block. I don't mind if it shows use because I'll be using for hunts in Wyoming and eventually elk in the bighorns.

I'm looking for a used quality stock for my Winchester 70 rifle in 300 win mag. Decided to ditch the factory composite. It has the two piece floor plate. I'd like a stock with a aluminum bedding block. I don't mind if it shows use because I'll be using for hunts in Wyoming and eventually elk in the bighorns.

Not really set on color. If you have something other than what I listed that would be comparable let me know.

Check out McMillans web site they have fiberglass stocks that state they have aluminum pillars installed for mod 70 L.A. at a smokin price. You may need to grab new one piece bottom metal, but what the heck.

Check out McMillans web site they have fiberglass stocks that state they have aluminum pillars installed for mod 70 L.A. at a smokin price. You may need to grab new one piece bottom metal, but what the heck.

Thanks but I'm not looking to spend $400 on a stock. That's why I'm looking for a used one.

I just bought it today. It hasn't even been shipped yet. I think they are 2.75 lbs? I asked if he would weigh one for me. I don't have a good way to weigh it myself.

He weighed it at 2.75 lbs. He is going to check his warehouse to see what he has in a light weight M70 stock.

I have a one piece steel bottom metal if you opt for one of those nice stocks, I have a HS on my classic its a lot nicer than the synthetic junk and the price is pretty darn good imo what Nmugy provided.

I am guessing the HS I have weighs 2.5-3lbs - its cold as death in the winter though if you never hunted with one.

I bought a bit more of a tactical type in an HS Precision. There are a couple other guys watching this post and I'm sure they appreciate the heads up. Thanks

Stock showed up yesterday new in the plastic package. It is 2 3/4 lbs has a wider flat front and a Montecarlo rear. The bottom metal ($75) was new in the package and beautiful. The action dropped right in like it was hand fitted and it came with new bolts (not sure if those were part of the bottom metal or the stock I think the bottom metal?) It is grey with black webbing. Tonight I will see how well the front lug seats against the bedding block. It is supposed to be a perfect fit, if not I will bed it the rest of the way. It is channeled for a heavy barrel but being a sporter barreled rifle I figure it is "well" free floated and there is room for an upgraded barrel in my future. If you are looking for a lighter weight stock this might be a pound heavier than you are looking for? This is so much better than what was on there its not even funny. Cheers.

It showed up yesterday and it is a medium to heavy weight contour. The stock weighs 2.75 lbs. It is brand new and has a large flatter front hand guard and a Monte Carlo stock. Which I had to put a stock pack on to get up to be inline with my scope on a 20 Moa one piece base on medium rings. The Bottom metal is 2 piece and it was $75 from the same guy if you bought a stock and it was worth it.