• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB - Savage WSM firing pin

jpbaker

Just like it says, i need a firing pin for a short action bolt action savage. Going from 308 - 270 WSM, so i need the longer SA pin.

TKS
JPB

If you are going to put a 270 WSM on what is now a 308 Savage short action you don't need another firing pin. Savage has long action firing pins and short action firing pins....the WSM's come on short actions. If you are getting a slight protrusion now it is easy to adjust for a bit more. I converted a standard Savage short action to a 300WSM but I didn't want the Control Round Feed bolt head....so I took a 7MM Magnum bolt head and cut the shaft to the same length as the regular short action bolt head.

If you are going to put a 270 WSM on what is now a 308 Savage short action you don't need another firing pin. Savage has long action firing pins and short action firing pins....the WSM's come on short actions. If you are getting a slight protrusion now it is easy to adjust for a bit more. I converted a standard Savage short action to a 300WSM but I didn't want the Control Round Feed bolt head....so I took a 7MM Magnum bolt head and cut the shaft to the same length as the regular short action bolt head.

It is adjusted as long as it can now, but like I said slight protrusion. There is an actual WSM firing pin according to savage, that is actully longer due to the thicker boltface of thw WSM. And you can also buy push round bolt heads for the WSM.

TKS
JPB

Last edited:
That's why I went with the shortened 7mm mag bolt head. Just less hassle and expense all round.