• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

WTB Federal TLR Bullets

tgeavenson

Looking to buy 200 grain Federal TLR bullets. I use these in my .300 Weatherby for elk. If anyone has any there are not going to use i would appreciate a conversation.
Thanks.
Travis

Got this one with a 200 grain tlr in 2020.

Attachments

• 20200920_081247.jpg
    20200920_081247.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 26
Yes Sir , a very nice kill . I killed a very good one in Utah 4 years ago running the 175 TLR out of my 30-06 right under 2800 FPS and shoots sub MOA groups . Longest kill was around 550 yds , Pig , not Elk . It is too slow out of the 06 for full penetration beyond 300 yards is my guess . I will be loading it and the Hammer Absolute Hunter in my Lazz Patriot short mag very soon . I weighed the 175 from the Elk and it weighed almost 147 grains. A fine performing bullet and I would think the 175 would be more than enough bullet for Elk out of your 300W.M. if you can find them.

I am shooting the 200 grain at 3025 fps out of a custom .300 Weatherby. It is a killer.

I shoot them in a 300 RUM, and a 30~378. Accuracy is unbelievable. And supposedly they quit making them due to accuracy issues.
Let me see what I have.

19Wyoming , my custom 30-06 shoots them in less than 1/8 " groups , 175 grain , it also likes the 165 grain Trophy Bonded Tip , which is the same bullet design with a standard plastic tip . They are as far as I know still making them but my question is , where are they going ? I can not find any loaded ammo on all the different sellers sites i use . Why , if all the reloading components are going to ammo manufacturers , where is the factory loaded ammo going ?

Reading about the TLR it was discontinued for accuracy not being met. A change in design was made and renamed the Assent or some such. I have seen them on MUSA but not in stock.
This is from an article I found.
I don't know where federal ammunition is going.
Hopefully we start seeing it soon.

Yes Sir I have seen the Ascent Ammo , I knew it was the blue tip but did know they had redesigned it . I thought the Ascent was just a different load using the same bullet , thanks for the heads up , my rifle thought they were perfect . The question at the end was not just toward the Federal ammo but all ammo manufacturers in general . Why does no one have ammo ?

It's coming back. All the stores in the Salt Lake area are having more on the shelf every time I go in. Except Sportsman's warehouse . With the China flu it's affected all of them. But I see powder valley and others getting weekly shipments in and others. It goes quick because people were caught off guard. I think March had the highest number of background checks ever recorded for gun sales. Something like 4.7 million in a month. People need ammo for those new guns.

It's coming back. All the stores in the Salt Lake area are having more on the shelf every time I go in. Except Sportsman's warehouse . With the China flu it's affected all of them. But I see powder valley and others getting weekly shipments in and others. It goes quick because people were caught off guard. I think March had the highest number of background checks ever recorded for gun sales. Something like 4.7 million in a month. People need ammo for those new guns.
Are you in Salt Lake City ? We hunted Broad Mouth Canyon Ranch , east of Salt Lake 4 years ago ( Rulon Jones place) and had a great hunt , the guides were very nice people and the food was very good also. Hope to hunt with them again in a couple years Buffalo and Elk. We both took Elk . Beautiful country around Eden , Utah , I could live there if not for " The Wife" .