• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

WTB 6.5x284 Barrel for Remington 700

ChiefO

Looking to put together a 6.5x284 on a Remington 700 and just checking to see what might be out there. Please let me know if you have anything that might work. Thanks!!

What are you actually leaning towards.....steel..carbon...lenght of??
Lots of variables that a 65284 can be....
I have a 24" ss proof I just put together....and a 26" sendero carbon proof that has a few hundred down the tube....just got both to shoot dime to nickle holes at 100yds using lrab 142s....but those are tough to come by....
And I just bought a 22" sendero lite to possibly replace the 26"...
I like liteweight rifles....

I,ve got a Lilja.i,ll dig it out.prolly 24-26" long.medium hunter profile.s.steel.non reflective finish.very low round count i,m guessing 40.i built it for deer,but have since gone to 300 wsm.
350 shipped

I'm open to options. Carbon would be great but I'm good with steel too. My typical hunts don't require long treks so weight isn't a huge factor but I don't want a railroad iron either..lol. I do want a fast enough twist to spin 156gr EOL's.

Bill I sent you a PM.

I'm open to options. Carbon would be great but I'm good with steel too. My typical hunts don't require long treks so weight isn't a huge factor but I don't want a railroad iron either..lol. I do want a fast enough twist to spin 156gr EOL's.

Bill I sent you a PM.
I've got a brand new Proof 7.5 twist listed for sale here in the classifieds. Just needs to be chambered and threaded.

just checking to see what might be out there.
I have a Shilen stainless, 8 twist in #2 contour, 26" blank (24" finish length) on hand.

A takeoff likely will not spin on and headspace correctly.

Last edited: