• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB: .358 SS Barrel Blank

ccrum

I am looking for a medium to lightweight varmint .358 stainless steel blank to finish 25-26" (around a #5 contour or LP). Would like 10 or 12 twist barrel.

try giving penrod precision in north manchester a call. he HAD a few on order from various barrel makers.

I made a IDC rifle a few yrs ago off a savage short action and a shilen 1:14 t barrel, I sold it this year and am trying a few different things. I was able to get 1-1.25" MOA groups w/hornady interlocks with the savage/shilen. My thought is if I go with a faster twist barrel, I can use higher B.C. bullets and tighten my grouping up a little bit.

Thanks for a tip on the barrel, I will give them a call and see what they have. I thought I would try to see if anyone had a blank laying around that I might get a price break on.

we bought ruger hawkeye 358 winchester's trim the case back with excellent results,200barnes and ftx mid 2500's fps. buds gun shop had these on gunbroker new for 429.00.

I am building mine off of a wssm action. The .358 wssm w/200gr interlock is around 2650 fps. I have rumors of someone pushing back a WSM cartridge to 1.8" and getting almost 3000 fps.

The rifle I am having penrod precision build for me is the 300 wsm shortened to 1.8
Should push a 225gr ballistic tip around 2900/3000fps. I should have it early september

Last edited: