• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB 22-243AI dies and brass!

Farmerbrown32

In search of 22-243AI dies and brass make does not matter, any brand. Used or new dont care. Let me know what you have!

I have a redding body die a redding seater die and some brass. I have another guy in line first but let me know if you would be interested and I'll let ya know what he decides

What is the body die used for? Never had one before i guess. Is it just the die without the decapping rod? Sorry if a stupid question.

I believe it only sizes the body of the case and doesn't touch the neck! I never used these. Got em at a yard sale thinking I would eventually build a 243 ai and just don't see it happening g any time soon!

Farmer,

Your best bet for dies is to call a manufacturer and ask them if they have them on hand. I do know that Redding and RCBS both list them.

I went through this when I built my 6.5-06AI and The prices were High, around $150 either manufacturer.

I ended up going with RCBS, not because they were better, but because they actually had a set on hand. Redding more often than not has to make them and there is a significant wait time.

As far as brass goes. Not sure you can just neck down the .243AI brass (I have one of them too). shoulder placement might be an issue as well espcecially at the shoulder neck juncture. Might not be able to chamber properly, and head space might be an issue. you would just have to give it a try i guess.

Dan

Thank you very much for the info sir! Ya i figured id have to pay a pretty penny for dies. Just thought it was worth a shot to find a used set somewhere that wasnt being used. Ya i never thought about those issues with the 243ai brass.

You should have had a 22-250AI and I could have hooked you up.

Im sure its pretty dang close ballistically too....but not really the point

I have had 3 of them already and have two at the moment. They are a sweet caliber but not a 22-243ai, it is a whole different animal.

Recent Posts