windage limiter turret on Nightforce

trueblue

Can anyone describe what a windage limiter turret is on Nightforce's 2.5x10-32 NXS that is discribed as an option in there literature ? Is it any different than there windage turrets on there other scopes ? Called Nightforce , but all the personel are at the Shot Show.

Buffalobob,
Spoke with the secretary earlier this evening. She stated she does not know, and any technical questions will have to wait till the 21st when everyone is back from Shot Show. I will have to call then, unless someone on this site knows what it is.

It is a wind stop on the 1-4x to 2.5-10x. It allows you to go 1/2 way each direction and will keep the shooter from getting lost in the wind adjustment.

3608.jpg

Was this what you are asking? Hope this helps.

Mike @CSGW

Thanks Mike
. That is what I was looking for. I didn't know what is was because it is not on my 5.5x22-50mm NXS scope. This however brings up the question of what is " half way" ? The scope has 100 MOA adjustment in wind , so is the stop set in the middle of this range with 50 MOA left and right ?

Thanks for answering my questions Mike.
That would seem like a nice feature on a scope, sense you don't usually dial more than 5 MOA on wind.

TrueBlue,

Sorry for the delayed responce, Mike did answer the question spot on. The windlimter does keep you from getting lost in windage travel.

Thanks Mike, and I even spent some time with Len today.

Regards,
Ken
Live From Orlando

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.