• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Winchester xpr 243 with ammo

• Thread starter Deleted member 115360
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 115360

Carried deer hunting about 4 times by my teenage nephew. Round count is 41. There are 39 rounds in those boxes and one fired casing. Has some small superficial handling marks, but nothing I'd call a "scratch". Scope is a Nikkon monarch 3-9×50 with their bdc reticle. These little rifles are surprisingly accurate and durable. The triggers will surprise you. I just have a safe full of stuff that I don't use. I think it should be worth $600 as it sits with the ammo. Buyer pays shipping. Thank you..

Attachments

• 20210303_142612.jpg
    20210303_142612.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 329
  • 20210303_142609.jpg
    20210303_142609.jpg
    976.6 KB · Views: 270
Is it a youth or regular LOP?
It looks to be somewhere in between. I guess it's probably a standard length, but it fits short. I know they make these in a really short youth model, and it isn't that.

It looks to be somewhere in between. I guess it's probably a standard length, but it fits short. I know they make these in a really short youth model, and it isn't that.
I have an XPR, the adult size has around a 12.75-13" LOP compared to the model 70's 13.5-13.75" LOP. It's just a tad small but for anyone 5'5-5'10 it's still very comfortable. I'm 5'8 and I find it the perfect length.

I don't think they make a youth xpr currently in any color other than black. I could be mistaken, but that's what I thought. They don't call it youth though, they call it "XPR Compact"

That is the kuiu Verde 2.0 model, 22" barrel (in the 243) has a 13.75" lop, 6 lb 12 Oz, and msrp was $599-- it is no longer in production....all this info is on the win xpr web page

The compact is only offered in black, has a 20" barrel, is 6 lb 8 Oz, with a 13" lop with an msrp of $549

Thank you for the info fellas, I appreciate it.

Do you feel like my pricing is in line? I didn't research it much to be honest.

Thank you for the info fellas, I appreciate it.

Do you feel like my pricing is in line? I didn't research it much to be honest.
I have no idea. I think similar model xpr's sell for 479-550 depending on model. That's not including glass or ammo since I don't know what those are worth in used market
That is the kuiu Verde 2.0 model, 22" barrel (in the 243) has a 13.75" lop, 6 lb 12 Oz, and msrp was $599-- it is no longer in production....all this info is on the win xpr web page

The compact is only offered in black, has a 20" barrel, is 6 lb 8 Oz, with a 13" lop with an msrp of $549
I believe the web page is wrong. When I bought my xpr I believed it would have the same LOP as my Winchester 70. It's advertised as such. However when I lay them next to each other the XPR is around half an inch to an inch shorter. I believe it's because they changed the recoil pad to a thinner one (because that's where it loses a lot of that lost length) without changing the specs on the website. The XPR recoil pad is around a a third to maybe half an inch thinner than the one on the 70.

Last edited:
That's a good price considering the glass and ammo. Any idea how it groups with the ammo you've used?
You'd probably call me a liar if I told you, but I promise it shoots under an inch. You won't have to use the accuracy guarantee from Winchester. It is well under an inch.

You'd probably call me a liar if I told you, but I promise it shoots under an inch. You won't have to use the accuracy guarantee from Winchester. It is well under an inch.
It doesn't surprise me a bit. I've seen a fair number of factory rifles, from Remingtons to Savage, Ruger, etc., that were certified tack drivers. I've also seen some that struggled with accuracy no matter what u stuffed in them. It's a bit of a potluck process....but I would say more than half will shoot a decent group, if you find the right ammo that the particular rifle likes.
If it's shooting factory loads under 1", I'd bet you could tighten it up even more with the right recipe.

Measured my xpr and 70 with a tape measure. According to Winchester website both are 13.75 LOP. The XPR measured exactly 13.5 and the M70 measured almost exactly 14. I was wrong on my guess but the XPR does have a half inch shorter LOP than the M70 does.

both measured 12 7/8 to the back of the stock, the difference is a 1" buttpad vs a 1/2" buttpad. Kinda tempted to buy this one myself, I've been thinking about getting a 6mm of some sort to load cheap practice rounds and this is affordable... gears turning...

Measured my xpr and 70 with a tape measure. According to Winchester website both are 13.75 LOP. The XPR measured exactly 13.5 and the M70 measured almost exactly 14. I was wrong on my guess but the XPR does have a half inch shorter LOP than the M70 does.

both measured 12 7/8 to the back of the stock, the difference is a 1" buttpad vs a 1/2" buttpad. Kinda tempted to buy this one myself, I've been thinking about getting a 6mm of some sort to load cheap practice rounds and this is affordable... gears turning...
I hadn't measured it, but I knew it felt just a little shorter than standard. It isn't huge, but it seems to be a hair more maneuverable. I'm 5'9 and about 220, average arm length I would say, and it is comfortable for me from any position. Thank you for looking into that.