• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Win M70 CRF 6.5 GAP 4S (SAUM), Bartlein, Manners EH5

jedlowe

For those of you who like Winchester CRF M70 rifles, I have for sale a very unique hunting rifle. This is a Winchester M70 controlled-round feed 6.5 "GAP 4S" also known as the 6.5 SAUM. This rifle was built by Lee Christianson who is widely renowned for his work on the Winchester CRF M70. He is very active on 24hourcampfire under the name of "Redneck." I have had him build a few rifles for me, and he does tremendous work with the M70. Here are the specs.

--Winchester M70 CRF stainless steel WSM action of New Haven vintage, right handed, blueprinted and trued by Lee Christianson
--Manners EH5 Elite Hunter stock, 13.5" LOP, Atlas rail attached in front, pillar and skim bedded, XLR Industries adjustable cheekpiece installed with threaded rods in stock (Makes for a very secure, lightweight adjustable cheekpiece),
--PT&G aluminum bottom metal anodized black, factory spring and follower
--Bartlein 1-8.5 twist, 2B contour barrel finished at 23" with 3 port muzzle brake installed (9/16 x 24 threads)
--Factory trigger tuned and adjusted to a crisp 2.5 lbs
--EGW 20 MOA picatinny rail
--Barreled action bead blasted to a matte finish
--50 pieces of prepped, fire-formed brass (from Remington 7mm SAUM brass)

This was chambered with a brand new PT&G finish reamer made to the current GAP specs of 0.081 freebore and 0.962" neck. This is the neck-turn reamer and requires that brass be neck turned if forming from Remington SAUM brass.

The rifle has exactly 50 rounds down the barrel and shot ¼ MOA with the Hornady 143 ELD-X bullets. This was with fresh, un-fired brass. Muzzle velocity was 3075 with a mild load of H1000. The rifle weighs 8.5 pounds as pictured and balances very nicely.

I will take $2500 shipped from an individual to your FFL for this fine firearm.

image_zpsn9uqcdl2.jpeg

image_zpsuwuvush3.jpeg

image_zpsb2aa1qsj.jpeg

image_zpsnbhax37k.jpeg

image_zps73xayjms.jpeg

image_zpsjhchq4hx.jpeg

Sorry, but I didn't snap any pics of the target. I could go out and sling a few and snap a pic if requested.

Great rifle and price......I'm building one now (just got all parts), or I'd seriously consider it. Will have a hard time building mine for that price.

This rifle is still available. Would make a great rifle for a hunt this fall. I would be willing to take $2300 shipped for it.