Which die?

Hadjii I have a very accurate old school 700 in 6.5-06. There's nothing wrong with any of the options discussed with the 25-06 you may have to watch for donuts. If I were to build another I would build a 6.5x270win use 270 brass and not need to trim as much longer neck better barrel life a little extra capacity would be a win win IMO.

With the 6.5-06 I am currently using Lapua 30-06 brass as IME Lapua brass is the cheapest last the longest etc. When I resized I did it in one step. I ended up with 85 or so out of 100 cause I messed some up during resizing. If I were to go that route again I would definitely size to 280 first. You could try sizing to 270 first but you may have to trim before and after resizing as the 270 has that long neck.

I have heard good things about Peterson brass as well. I've also heard good things about Alpha Munitions brass.

In any case I hope your new firearm works out well. Post a pic if you can and let us know how things work out.

Good luck and shoot straight y'all

Ok. Sure will, when I get some load work done. I had loaded up 20 rounds before I got the rifle. Just a random, shot in the dark load to sight my scope in. 120 grain sierra pro-hunters ahead of 53.0 grains of Rel 19. Shot 12 rounds total on Sunday. Not an ideal day, with sustained 20-30 mph winds. Crosswinds at that. Last 5 shots measured 1 1/16". All things considered, I was satisfied. The jewel trigger is a long shot better than the timneys I have on my ruger 77's. My first attempt at load work-out is gonna consist of cci 200 primers, Winchester Supreme 780 powder, pushing a 140 grain speer grand slam or gold dot. We'll see how that works. If it doesn't, I'll try something else.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200614-130151_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200614-130151_Gallery.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 209
I built one a year or so ago using a trued 1990 made Remington Bdl Action and a 26" finished Bartlein Barrel
I use Norma 25 06 brass and Redding dies.
Works for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.