What's the maximum 7mm bullet weight for 1:9.5

Old thread indeed.

Just a friendly reminder that gyroscopic inertia (or SG or twist rate) can have an effect on bullet expansion.

Faster spin can cause greater expansion. Slower spin can inhibit expansion.

I believe this is a contributing factor to what some call 'bullet failures'. For example, monolithic bullets failing to expand, long, high BC bergers penciling. This concept is known, but not well understood.

Especially now, with the plethora of long, high BC bullets available, we must recognize that these are specialized bullets and often require a specialized barrel to reach their potential.

We are responsible for the projectiles we send down range. After witnessing a couple of 'bullet failures' I use a calculator - just because it's not keyholing on paper doesn't mean the bullet is stable enough to offer acceptable terminal performance.

168gr would be the max I would go with a 9.5" twist. You should have no problems with the Berger 168 VLD's. I'm shooting them in a 9.5" twist barrel with no problems.
I shoot a Bergara Wilderness Ridge with the 168 VLD's with under .625" groups. The twist is not a problem at all. The Hornady 162 ELD-X is another good choice. I agree totally. Would stay at 168Gr max.