What's the best value in a 700 clone action?

atblis

700 actions seem to be somewhat hard to come by. What's the lowest priced 700 clone action on the market? Clone in the sense it can use 700 pattern stocks and barrels. I know there was one for about $700, that I can't recall the name of, but it was short action only.

Last edited:
Seems like pacific tool and gauge had some in addition to 700 actions both factory and blue printed. Not sure what they have now. I think their site is down right now for some security upgrades. They say it will be back up later tonight.

700 actions seem to be somewhat hard to come by. What's the lowest priced 700 clone action on the market? Clone in the sense it can use 700 pattern stocks and barrels. I know there was one for about $700, that I can't recall the name of, but it was short action only.
The Zermatt Origin is a heck of a nice action at any price.

John

For the sub 1000 the kelbly is so tough to beat. With multiple actions in my line up much higher price the kelbly doesn't loose anything to them!!

Mac bro's while I haven't seen, I hear good things and are cheaper once again

The Bighorn Origin would be my choice with the ability to change the boltface and strip the bolt with no tools, and it comes with a rail. I have one currently in a switch barrel setup, and it's top notch! I believe I paid $825 for it, although I believe that have gone up a touch now, but not a lot. Still sub $900.

Last edited: