• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

What's a reasonable price? Stephens 200, Shilen Match Barrel, B&C Stock

ndking1126

I've been spending my free time enjoying motorsports and just haven't shot much or kept up with the market. A week ago I found out my 1K yard range is closing and I'm thinking it might make sense to free up some space in my safe to fund the motorsports hobby. So, what's a reasonable asking price for this set up?

Stevens 200 action
26" 260 Rem Shilen Match barrel, 1:8 twist, varmint contour (installed by gun smith)
Timney trigger (installed by gun smith)
B&C Medallist stock with full aluminum bedding block
PST Gen II 5-25x50 FFP, MOA
EGW 20 MOA Picatinny rail
Seekinz Precision Med height rings
Harris bipod

Everything is in great shape and it shoots very well. I've had multiple .25MOA 4 shot groups @ 100 yards. I don't reload, so I'm dependent on factory ammo and of course their velocity isn't consistent enough to look like that all the time. The only issue I see is a slight defect in the finish of the scope (see picture). It's purely cosmetic and not that bad. Weighs just over 13 lbs. per my scale.

Mods, if asking a price isn't allowed or I'm in the wrong forum, please let me know and I'll fix it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 72
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I'd sell rifle and scope separate.

I'd ask for $600 for the rifle and be willing to take $500-550 if I was serious about selling it.

I have a Savage 110 that I put together a few years ago in 280AI….has all the bells and whistles you can put on a DIY Savage. Has a Sightron STac scope on it. Was asking $1000 for everything and never got a hit. They just don't have much value, unfortunately.

It's painful but money is nearly always lost on custom builds.
This makes me laugh, I learn the hard way too. I hate to divulge my strategy, but it is weak with holes in it, large holes.
I sell the barreled action separate, with or w/o trigger, try get full price for the action, which means the barrel, labor and paint are free.
Then try get 85% of initial stock costs if I decide to part with it.

My very first custom sale, guy tells me that he wants the BA, not my stock. I replied, not the way it works. Yeah, I got schooled, hehe