• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED What power spotting scope

kstrick

I need some help picking out a spotting scope.
What power spotting scope do I need to see .223 holes in a target 300 yards away? Am I asking to much?
Any suggestions on a good - durable spotting scope.
Thanks
Ken

The Pentax PF80 has done me well. You'd be tickled with the optics. I'm checking others' .22 caliber holes at 400 for them (in the white) on a cool day at 60x. I can also make out my 6mm holes at 550 in the same conditions with a little studying. I'm sure there are a ton of others who will suggest other brands and sizes. If you happen to get an 80mm don't skimp on the tripod/head. It's what keeps your spotter stable. Good luck!

The swaro 20-60x80mm HD is what i am currently using and while the price is not any fun it is one hell of a spotter. I perfect lighting conditions i have seen 6mm bullets holes in a white antifreeze jug at 975yds!!!! No BS!!!

Lately i have been playing with some of the Nikon ED spotters we have recently gotten in and i am amazed at them. I havent put them completely through the paces yet but so far i would say they rival the swaro for half the price

have a good un
steve

I have a nikon ED spotter and for the price I think it is the best value going. The eye relief could be better and the scope may not be the best choice for a person that has glasses. If you don't wear glasses I think it is a great choice.

Mike

20-60 variable, Kowa Prominar, Swavrovski, or Nikon ED. I'm currently testing the Lupy Gold Ring HD 12-40x60.

Scott