What is it?

Yup. It's for grapes. I got low so it looks tall.

The fence is a $4,000 deturent for deer. Seven or eight years ago they killed the garden. I haven't done one since. It took this long to get the money.
I didn't see any Grape bush/root in the picture otherwise I would have said "Grapes!
My friend in AR has a lot of Muscadines but the deer don't bother.

Oh yes...I remember this. This was a something that our fathers installed in the back yard at the request of our mothers. It actually had several uses. It was used to keep us kids from playing back yard football. Kept us from running around the yard, like a nut. Some times it was used as a stopping device, when we were running from the *** beating we were going to get. Kept us from mowing the yard to fast. And lastly I think mom used it for hanging wet clothes on.

Oh....and wasn't there a famous wrestling move named after this think?

Not that exact one but when I was a kid my grandparents used to have a hexagon one on a single pole at the shore for hanging towels and bathing suits on to dry and I'm a decade shy of 40.

Mom & Dad used sheep fence to let the raspberries and blackberries grow up.....that way the intertwined thru the mesh and held up in the winds.....
As to clothes line....always hated them.....most started laying down low enough to catch your neck on while running like yard Devils in low light......at least it's not barbed wire..