weighing primers

I buy primer brands I've had success with, usually Federal Match. Keeping the fire control mechanism clean and properly lubricated is key to primer reliability. Also choosing an appropriate primer for the load and keeping case fills in the 95-100% range. I don't consider weighing primers useful. Powder yes and brass yes. Reputable bullet manufacturers weigh at the factory.

"Does anyone here bother to weigh/cull primers?"

I have no way of knowing if anyone here does that but I sure don't and won't. The working part, the priming pellet itself, is the lightest part of the whole thing and I doubt very much if they can possibly exceed the normal weight variations of the cups and anvils so any pellet differences would be lost in the noise.

"Does anyone here bother to weigh/cull primers?"

I have no way of knowing if anyone here does that but I sure don't and won't. The working part, the priming pellet itself, is the lightest part of the whole thing and I doubt very much if they can possibly exceed the normal weight variations of the cups and anvils so any pellet differences would be lost in the noise.

That's pretty much my expectation as well. But the RO at the range told me yesterday that a bunch of local f-class shooters do this. So, I just thought I'd check here to see if I was missing something.

-- richard

Thats it!!!!!!!$%#@!!!! I don't care what you find.......I weigh so much stuff and measure everything. I ain't doing it. The primer is good enough as is. I am to **** lazy to expand another sort into my reloading rue-teen.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.