• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Weatherby vanguard wilderness .300

joelpresmyk8

Hey guys, looking to sell a basically new weatherby vanguard wilderness. I got it threaded and the barrel and bolt cerakoted. The stock is my spray paint job. Only 5 shots down the barrel! No muzzle brake. It has a timney trigger at 2 pounds! .300 win mag. 975 plus shipping
*no scope or rings*

Attachments

• B54748AC-F4B9-4267-A4DF-25F9D56707BA.jpeg
    B54748AC-F4B9-4267-A4DF-25F9D56707BA.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 965
  • 629B8F23-245D-4244-BC87-906589DB30F9.jpeg
    629B8F23-245D-4244-BC87-906589DB30F9.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 818
Last edited:
Is this a series 2, in 24 or 26 inch barrel, 3 shot or 5 , or DBM model ? Is pic rail included ?
Thank you.

i don't remember ever seeing a series two? I bought it brand new a year ago! 26 inch barrel I believe. I'll measure tonight. Yes outer limits rail included

How does it shoot? I have had issues with Vanguards and magnum cartridges. They seem to be more sensitive to heavier recoil than some other rifles...

Before you say "it's you" I had others shoot the same rifles as well and confirm they were "walkers" heated up to fast and started spreading shots. The 300wsm I had, even after bedding, would randomly move point of impact with no scope
changes (multiple scopes).

How does it shoot? I have had issues with Vanguards and magnum cartridges. They seem to be more sensitive to heavier recoil than some other rifles...

Before you say "it's you" I had others shoot the same rifles as well and confirm they were "walkers" heated up to fast and started spreading shots. The 300wsm I had, even after bedding, would randomly move point of impact with no scope
changes (multiple scopes).

I couldn't tell you, I only did five shots through it and I didn't even have a scope on it, just don't think I'll get around to playing with it. Too many other projects

I own probably 8 vanguards. If anyone reading these comments is concerned about whether or not it will shoot, don't be, it will. They all do. I can't tell you that you can rapid fire a 10 shot group into a half minute, but dollar for dollar, you won't find a more consistently accurate group of rifles out there. The actions are amazing, so much so that I use a few of them a year as donor actions for my own semi-custom builds. And, if you dig the paint job, this is a heck of a deal..