• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Weatherby Mark V 257 WBY

Iron Worker

Weatherby Mark V 257 WBY Magnum 26" Bartlien cut rifled bbl 10"rifling twist Rem Varmint contour Weatherby factory spec chamber. 1/2-3/4 MOA accuracy. Under 350rnds through it. Aftermarket trigger(I need help remembering the brand) 20MOA Picatinny scope rail. This rifle was originally a 338-378 Magnum; I'll never go to Alaska for anything (too dang old). I knew of a Gunsmith with an account with Weatherby; they sold him a new Bolt shroud for the 257 and magazine parts to downsize. I'm so bummed I didn't get a tag. I'm more into varmint shoots, leaving for MT prairie dogs in a week; this rifle stays home, less I burn the bbl up in one day. It's not a varmint rifle.
The rifle and scope rings and Forester reloading dies are $2300 bucks plus shipping. Add the Nightforce 5-20 SHV $3300.Also included is the 338-378 bbl and bolt shroud and magazine hardware. Why am I selling it? If I was to get a tag next year, like everyone else, I've got other guns to hunt with. This rifle is a safe queen; I need the cash. I've been looking at those GMC Canyons AT4.

Attachments

• IMG_2928.jpg
    IMG_2928.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_2927.jpg
    IMG_2927.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
Weatherby Mark V 257 WBY Magnum 26" Bartlien cut rifled bbl 10"rifling twist Rem Varmint contour Weatherby factory spec chamber. 1/2-3/4 MOA accuracy. Under 350rnds through it. Aftermarket trigger(I need help remembering the brand) 20MOA Picatinny scope rail. This rifle was originally a 338-378 Magnum; I'll never go to Alaska for anything (too dang old). I knew of a Gunsmith with an account with Weatherby; they sold him a new Bolt shroud for the 257 and magazine parts to downsize. I'm so bummed I didn't get a tag. I'm more into varmint shoots, leaving for MT prairie dogs in a week; this rifle stays home, less I burn the bbl up in one day. It's not a varmint rifle.
The rifle and scope rings and Forester reloading dies are $2300 bucks plus shipping. Add the Nightforce 5-20 SHV $3300.Also included is the 338-378 bbl and bolt shroud and magazine hardware. Why am I selling it? If I was to get a tag next year, like everyone else, I've got other guns to hunt with. This rifle is a safe queen; I need the cash. I've been looking at those GMC Canyons AT4.
Price drop without scope $1900 +shipping. 338-378 bbl has been sold

Price drop $1,900. 338-378 barrel has been sold