• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Weatherby Backcountry .300 Wby Mag

Killertraylor

Had this rifle sold earlier this year and when the buyer received it, he discovered a crack in the stock near the lug. I immediately reimbursed him, paid for shipping both ways and started haggling with Weatherby for a new stock. They wouldn't replace it under warranty claiming I had altered the gun by putting a Timney trigger in it and therefore it was no longer covered. Not happy at all with Weatherby Customer Service. Ended up paying $450 for a brand new ultralight Weatherby stock from the factory. This is one of the original Vanguard backcountry rifles with the fluted barrel and fiberglass stock. Stock has factory installed aluminum pillars in it. These came with a sub MOA guarantee and I've tried both the Weatherby factory 180 grain partitions and 180 grain accubonds in the gun and both shoot sub 3/4 inch groups at 100. Rifle has a 24" barrel and a vais muzzlebrake installed by a local gunsmith, Allison and Carey which was a $225 install. Barrel with brake is close to 26". Rifle weighs 7 lbs, 3 oz with the attached Leupold bases which will come with the rifle. Aftermarket Timney trigger breaks crisp at 2 lbs. Trigger is adjustable. Less than 40 rounds down the barrel. $975 shipped.
211284.jpeg

211285.jpeg

211286.jpeg

211287.jpeg

211288.jpeg

211289.jpeg

211290.jpeg

Yeah, I wasn't very pleased. Their gunsmith also claimed the action screws weren't torqued to the proper spec, but I disassembled the barreled action from the stock when I sent it to them so that was disingenuous as well. Unfortunately they were the only ones in the country who had that exact replacement stock or I'd have bought it elsewhere.

Tuesday bump. I've got an unopened box of Nosler Brass (50 pieces), 29 rounds of Weatherby Factory 180 grain Partition ammo and a Redding Deluxe 3 die set (Full length sizing, neck sizing and seater die) that I'll make the buyer a great package deal on if interested.

Price reduced to $950 shipped and I'll throw in either 50 rounds of new Nosler brass, 29 rounds of Weatherby 180 gr Partition factory ammo, or a Redding Deluxe 3 die set.