• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Weatherby 30-378 with Zeiss Conquest

Havingfun

Selling a very nice Weatherby Accumark rifle for a friend. This rifle has the factory, fluted, Kreiger barrel with muzzle break which is amazing. The rifle pushes you but doesn't punch. The current owner normally bruises like a banana but loves shooting this rifle.
Since he's owned it, I may have put about 40 rounds through it for load development and he's probably only shot about the same number.

In 2013, I noted it wasn't holding it's groups and found the barrel to be a little loose. I sent it back to Weatherby and although they wouldn't document it (liability), I believe they replaced the action and perhaps even the barrel. The rifle may have 20 to 30 rounds through it since then and was taken on only one hunt for moose in NF.

Rifle is currently wearing a Zeiss Conquest 4.5 X 14 X 44 with Kenton custom turrets for the load I developed. The original turrets are also included. Load data will be provided to purchaser for information purposes only. Seller takes no responsibility for reloads produced or used by purchaser. The rifle currently shoots 1 MOA or better with Berger 210G, VLDs.

Only selling because we're getting a little older and wanting a lighter, handier rifle for medium size game. Don't need a thumper for that.

Also included are 40 pieces of Weatherby brass. Some additional brass and dies available for an additional fee. Will not separate anything until the rifle sells.

Selling rifle, with scope and brass for $1400. Rifle and brass only, $1150. Purchaser pays shipping.

Must ship to an FFL. If your FFL doesn't accept from an individual, then it will cost another $35 on top of the shipping cost.

This is not a new rifle, but it's in very nice shape. A lot of rifle for a very reasonable price. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 2017 Weatherby 1.jpg
    2017 Weatherby 1.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Weatherby 13-1.jpg
    Weatherby 13-1.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 2017 Weatherby 2.jpg
    2017 Weatherby 2.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 2017 Weatherby 6.jpg
    2017 Weatherby 6.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 2017 Weatherby 7.jpg
    2017 Weatherby 7.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 2017 Weatherby 9.jpg
    2017 Weatherby 9.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I sent it back to Weatherby and although they wouldn't documen I believe they replaced the action and perhaps even the barrel.

Selling rifle, with scope and brass for $1400. Rifle and brass only, $1150. Purchaser pays shipping.

Questions -

Did you check the serial number on the box (cropped out of photo)? It will tell you if the action was swapped out. If the number matches the box, odds are it's the same action. I don't believe that they can legally re-number a new action with the original serial number.

Also, how many more pieces of brass might be available beyond the 40 mentioned?

Thanks!

Believe there are a total of 56 pieces (a guess based on what I am trying to remember).

Will check the serial number but if they destroyed and replaced the same action, I honestly don't know what they are allowed to do with the serial numbers. In either case, the rifle has been shot very little thus far.

Thanks,

Believe there are a total of 56 pieces (a guess based on what I am trying to remember).

Will check the serial number but if they destroyed and replaced the same action, I honestly don't know what they are allowed to do with the serial numbers. In either case, the rifle has been shot very little thus far.

Thanks,

The put a number or letter at the end. "R" or "-1" or similar.

Easy to see already in the photo above - there is no R and no -1.

That's why I mentioned checking the serial number on the box. If it matches the rifle, then they didn't change the action.

OK, found the paperwork from Weatherby and here is what they did to it when we reported the barrel was not tight;

"Refit barrel, headspace, function and trigger pull meet factory specs. Fit and install new stock, glass bed recoil lug area using Acraglas stock-bedding compound."

(The new stock was due to me complaining that there was something rattling inside (dried piece of glue or some debris when they drilled out for studs, or recoil pad.) It wasn't due to any abuse.

So it's all original except for a brand new stock.
Thanks to all.