• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Ways around being 1099?

I see this as another way they can put taxpayers under an audit, and harass the everlovin**** out of law abiding citizens. "Oh, PayPal reported you received $2,100 in goods and services last year. We need to audit you"…..

Why else would they need $$ billions more to hire thousands more IRS employees?
Most audits are letters asking you to clarify a particular issue. For example, one year I received a letter from the IRS telling me I owed back taxes on an IRA that I rolled into a different account. What I failed to do is read the 1099 that accompanied that rollover and discovered that my Edward Jones rep had trouble rolling my account, which was a third party annuity, into my other account, so he had the insurance firm send him a check, which he then sent to my new IRA custodian. I had to get the insurance company to issue a corrected 1099, showing I had indeed rolled it over. It was a pain, but it wasn't like the IRS used that as an excuse to dig into every return for the last seven years.

Speaking of taxes, I am in favor of reporting all bank transactions (amounts) to the IRS. If the "ins" minus the "outs" don't somewhat equal profit or income, there is an issue. One of my businesses is rental real estate; trust me, I could lie through my teeth about my income. Checking bank transactions would fix that problem.

Speaking of taxes, I am in favor of reporting all bank transactions (amounts) to the IRS. If the "ins" minus the "outs" don't somewhat equal profit or income, there is an issue. One of my businesses is rental real estate; trust me, I could lie through my teeth about my income. Checking bank transactions would fix that prproblem.
It is none of their business what people are spending their money on. That would be just another way for them to intrude into our lives. And it very easily could be used for political harassment by the irs.
No thank you.

The article I read said that if the $600 sounds familiar, it was part of the ACA a decade ago, but was eventually dropped due to public outcry and the enormous burden it placed on everyone involved after Obama admitted it was too cumbersome for small business.
That is not true. I do and have received 1099's for $1K contract jobs for the last 15 years.....from small businesses.

That`s what I use right now...... BUT.... I`m looking for something better...#1 USPS..... is very slow.#2.......I have had M.O.`s(2) go missing.Get to who I sent it to and envelope is empty and taped shut.
I`m open to suggestions....
use an envelope you cant see through