• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Want to trade R/H Remington 700 s/a for L/H 700 action

codyadams

I know it's a long shot, but is there anybody out there that would want to trade their left handed Remington long OR short action for my right handed short action? Here is some info on the action.

Bone stock Remington 700 SPS Varmint, originally chambered in 22-250, the barrel is now torched after roughly 1400 rounds. It was the best shooting factory gun I ever had, with multiple 200 yard groups under 3/4", I wish it wasn't torched. Still has the factory barrel on it, but I could have it pulled before shipping. Obviously, standard .308 bolt face. Has the x-mark pro trigger, but this one actually isn't that bad, it is actually close to my standard timney trigger in weight but has slightly more creep. DEFINITELY better than other x-mark pro triggers I have felt, not sure why though. Also have factory mag box, follower, and bottom metal. It has a rattle can camo paint job, but I could get that off with some acetone pretty easy too if you wanted it off. I actually don't have any photos at the moment suprisingly....I will try to get some when I get home.

I want to trade because I want to build a mountain rifle for my wife, and while I'm left handed and have no problem shooting a right handed action, my wife is new to this, she actually hunted her first season this year, and loved it!! She is left handed as well, and I think she would benefit from a left handed action, and I could use it when she wasn't hunting as well. I would be ok with a long or short action, preferably a standard bolt face in long action, and either bolt face in short action. I plan on building a .270 Sherman or Sherman Shortmag, depending on what length action I end up with, so if I got a s/a standard bolt face I could just have it opened up by my smith.

I prefer to trade, but there isn't a "trade" prefix for these threads, so I listed for sale. So if your willing to trade your left handed action for my right handed action, let me know!!! We could help each other out!! Thanks all!!

I don't have a left handed action to trade but I've had a left handed long action factory classic BDL stock in my closet for well over 20 years now and I've been waiting for the opportunity to get it gone. You wouldn't possibly have any interest would you?

I don't have a left handed action to trade but I've had a left handed long action factory classic BDL stock in my closet for well over 20 years now and I've been waiting for the opportunity to get it gone. You wouldn't possibly have any interest would you?
Probably not, I think were going to go with the b&c ultralight stock or a one of the manners EH stocks, but I really appreciate it!!

Not completely sure, I would much rather trade it, but things may change depending on what comes up. If I end up deciding to sell I will list a price.