Want to see pictures of Borden action builds

tnshooter111

I seen these actions on there web sight and thought they looked good. I would like to see some pic of builds that people have done on this action. How do you like them and how do they shot with a good barrel. I was thinking of using one of these actions for a 338 edge build.

Here's a link with photos to a rifle built by Kirby Allen using Borden's Alpine action. I am now the lucky owner of this rifle and here's how she shoots:

I wouldn't hesitate using this action on any new build. Jim Borden knows what he is doing, and has personally built another one of my rifles. The Alpine action is very smooth and tight. The bolt does not sweep back like it does on a Rem 700, but you don't notice it in use. In fact, it's located quite nicely for a quick follow-up shot.

Keep in mind that there's a lot more than just the action that makes this rifle shoot. The primary factor is the gunbuilder's skill and care, and Allen Precision did an outstanding job on this one.

gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.