• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

For Sale Walnut Stock Blanks!

McStocks

LRH Sponsor
After retiring from the stockmaking business, we have numerous walnut blanks for sale. We're working on getting the Claro Walnut ones on the web site now, and will then list the American (Black) Walnut ones. They range from $100 to $300 each, and LRH forum members get a 10% discount!

~Steve & Shirley
[email protected]

We've been adding more blanks to the website every day.
2016-04-16 15.08.55.jpg
This was a chunk of wood that was actually a COFFEE TABLE that was supposed to be maple! We made one stock from it, and I was a little apprehensive about all the fancy figures in it, so I laminated some good ol' Kansas Walnut with it!
Wild BlankL.jpg
Wild BlankR.jpg

Last edited:
The dimensions are on the bottom photo - 33" long. It just seems softer than the maple that I've worked with??? That's why I laminated it - to make sure it was strong. It's some kind of burl, but I've never seen a burl growth that big!

2 3/8"" is wide enough for most target stocks; a little less for hunting stocks. I always had logs sawed to about 2 3/4" to 3" to allow for shrinkage and warping from drying. Be sure you lay them out like this so the grain angles down through the pistol grip.
C301.jpg

The dimensions are on the bottom photo - 33" long. It just seems softer than the maple that I've worked with??? That's why I laminated it - to make sure it was strong. It's some kind of burl, but I've never seen a burl growth that big!
I worked I n a hardwood mill in Oregon, we would get.6 foot burls sometimes, we had a 8 foot head rig. I made lots of tables, clocks and some stocks out of them. It is softer then eastern maple, which is really hard. Laminating it is a good idea, or a mild recoiling rifle with a full bedding job is good also. If one doesn't laminate it, recoil bolts like on a dangerous game rifle would also work.